Without any doubt, VLC is one of the best and popular media player that is available both for Windows, MAC, and Linux. VLC is a free and open source and offers the lot more benefits compared to others.
VLC Media player can play almost every audio and video formats you want. However, do you know VLC can also download your Favorite YouTube videos? The VLC media player can stream and download from YouTube and at the same time, it lets users convert the video.
Here in this article, we are going to share a working trick on how to download and play YouTube videos on VLC Media player. The trick is going to be an easy one. Here’s what you need to do.
How To Download YouTube Videos Using VLC Media Player
1) To start, go to youtube and search for your favorite video. Copy the YouTube video URL that you want to download.
2) Open VLC media player and then click on “Media” and then select “Open Capture Device”
3) It will open a new window. There you need to click on the Network tab and then paste the URL that you have copied from YouTube and then click on Play button.
4) Wait for a few seconds for the video to start streaming. Once streamed, you need to click on Tools and then select Media Information or Codec Information.
5) It will list you the media information and then you need to copy the link under Location. That link basically the download link.
Paste the link into your Chrome or Firefox browser address bar and press Enter. Within few seconds your video will start downloading. Once downloaded you can watch the video offline.
This is how you can use VLC media player to download YouTube videos. Hope it helped you! share it as much as possible.